Friday, March 6, 2015

Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Crayons

Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Crayons

This year I decided we would not have the kids give out candy valentines because they get enough of that anyways. My oldest Curtis loves the homemade crayons they have at speech so I thought why not make some of those. So off I went to pinterest (don’t know what I would do without it). I found these free printable at the link below:

Items you need:
Old broken crayons (or new ones)
Heart shaped tray (We used one for candy but you could use others. Got at JoAnn Fabric)
Microwave (Or you could use the oven)

We started with the boys picking out 4 crayons each and then taking off the wrapping. (Second batch we used 5 crayons to make them a little bigger). I then had the boys break them into pieces and put them in each heart. After we got the tray filled I put them in the microwave. First I started with 2 minutes and then would lightly shake the crayons around and then did 30 seconds until they were all or mostly melted. We then set them outside to cool. Being in the single digits for this really helped, guess the cold is good for some things, lol. Once they were cool I just pulled back the rubber and they popped right out.

The kids really loved doing this and I got rid of most of the broken crayons lying around the house.



           

No comments:

Post a Comment