Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hospital Essentials

Since my sister-in-law just asked me what she should pack for the hospital I thought I would make a post on it.

Baby

1.      A few outfits, in different sizes, for at the hospital. With Curtis we had only newborn and he wasn’t able to wear them home because he was too big. Don’t forget socks.
2.      Going home outfit. Something cute that you like.
3.      Nursing Cover if your breastfeeding. That way you don’t have to worry about your guest seeing you.
4.      Mittens. Our kids would never keep these on so we had to use socks.
Other than that I didn’t need anything else for the kids. My hospital had diapers, wipes, baby wash, receiving blankets, and pacifiers. So if you have a preference on those bring those along too.

Parent(s) bag

1.      Comfy/not good clothes for both you and your significant other. You don’t know how long you will be there and those gowns are not that comfy. But you also don’t want to ruin anything too nice.
2.      Going home outfit. I brought loose comfy clothes but something that was a little nicer than my lounge clothes.
3.      Toothbrush, toothpaste, Chap Stick, hair ties, makeup bag, blow dryer, body wash, and shampoo.
4.      Older undies. Don’t want to ruin the good stuff ;)
5.      Cards. Brian and I had these by chance in the suit case from a different trip when we had our second and man it was a live saver.
6.      Camera/Phone/Video Camera and all the chargers.
7.      Book. This helped me relax when the labor was dragging on.

8.      If your blind as a bat like me you need your contact stuff and glasses

What where your must haves for the hospital? Did they change with the second, third, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment